The Net has the capacity to level the playing field between small and big business pertaining to capturing market share. Search marketing – SEO, Pay per click and viral marketing is the most effective and most affordable method of driving visitors to a web site. Any kind of business with a website can participate.
Trends in Search Engine Marketing. North American advertisers spent US $9.4 billion on search engine optimization in 2006. This represented a 62% increase on the prior year and an 750% increase from 2002. The explanation for this growth concerns the explosive development of the net worldwide – a trend which has impacted every industry in each and every developed country, producing huge amounts of dollars in revenue for companies having a strong Internet presence.
Search Engine Optimization to improve Website Traffic. Search engine marketing (SEM) identifies listings and links to web sites that are produced on the pages of an internet search engine directory (like Google, Yahoo or MSN) each time a keyword search term or phrase is entered. The two main types of results that are produced. Listings at the very top or right column are sponsored is a result of advertisers who pay every time someone clicks on their ad and visits their web site. This is known as pay-per-click (PPC) advertising. The greatest SEM vendors for sponsored searching are Adwords, Yahoo! Search Marketing and Microsoft adCenter.
The 2nd kind of search engine rankings are the free organic listings which are produced because of content and code on the website that match criteria based on the major search engines- essentially the search engines search for keywords, relevant content, meta tags, alt tags, back-links and traffic flow. The process of getting web pages to match these criteria is known as search engine optimisation or SEO. The closer the site matches the search engine’s criteria, the higher the ranking order for your website. If a website is not found on the first or second page of search results, it is unlikely that can be found and result in traffic. A variety of pages on a web site could be optimized and found through the search engines. You will find hundreds to a large number of search engines like google. The majority of searches however come through Google, Yahoo and MSN. Each online search engine uses different rules or algorithms for determining ranking order. These rules can and often do change as time passes. For this reason it is an ongoing process to achieve and maintain a great page ranking with SEO. When SEO features a presence in forums, blogs, social media sites, and multimedia directories, the result is viral marketing – here is where traffic and results end up very exciting!
Best Results Through SEO and Viral Marketing – A good SEO program is not going to just produce a high page rank for keywords, it will drive traffic coming from a particular target audience to web site pages from many different sources. These might include links from relevant websites valued by the major search engines, forums, blogs, social networks, multimedia directories and online pr releases. The sum total of all of this marketing produces a viral effect resulting in high search engine rankings and explosive website traffic.
17 critical components for SEO with viral marketing results:
1. Keyword research and analysis to find out keywords which can be searched in significant numbers and highly relevant to the net site’s target audience.
2. Incorporating an XML site map in order that search engines can crawl the web site easily.
3. Incorporation of informative content-rich webpages to the existing website based upon targeted keywords.
4. Defining keyword-rich Titles and Meta tags for each and every page from the website to help make every page search engine friendly.
5. Hand submitting the net site to niche directories to get valuable one of the ways links.
6. Writing and developing keyword-rich articles focused on targeted keywords.
7. Making a blog for your web site and submitting it to blog directories and blog search engines like google.
8. Submitting articles to leading E-zines along with other informative sites to get one of many ways links along with relevant traffic to the internet site.
9. Exchanging links along with other relevant websites to boost back links for that website.
10. Participating in niche Blogs & Forums to have quality back-links and traffic.
11. Making a presence in Social Book marking sites.
12. Creating a presence in Social networks.
13. Taking part in Video Sharing using video that showcases the net site’s mission, purpose, brand name and unique selling position.
14. Feed creation and submission to varied RSS directories.
15. Press release creation and submission.
16. Including powerful and effective marketing copy in all content produced for the SEO and viral marketing program.
17. Tracking of results and making modifications according to traffic patterns, lead generation results and sales conversion data.
A plain vanilla SEO program that optimizes web pages will produce limited results. We have personally seen companies charge a lot of money and stuff keywords into pages that no person would read. They may get noticed orgnls search engines like google but men and women will be off that site in a heartbeat. In essence effective marketing copy in exactly what is produced for that project.
Most SEO companies do not include most of these viral marketing concepts within their program. By using this set of criteria when you shop around for a business to perform your SEO will assist you to get the most value for the investment you would spend. Done well and responsibly managed, SEO and viral marketing will be your most productive marketing investment.